Technology can help small business owners invest limited capital in a smarter, more efficient way. In some cases, the use of technology is a natural evolution of processes that you may already have in your business. In other cases, you may need to make some adjustments to take advantage of these technological alternatives. The good news is that the benefits often outweigh the short-term problems of the transition process after your new systems are created.
These ideas will help you use technology in your small business to do more with less and become more efficient and versatile. Does not it sound technical? Do not worry. Most ideas contain links to articles that will help you get started quickly and painlessly.
1. Use the time tracking software to find out where you spend your time so that you can become more productive.
2. Explore open source applications to replace some of the most expensive brand alternatives.
3. Optimize the workflow with digital dictation.
4. Use project management and task management to manage daily tasks.
5. Create a digital filing system to facilitate sorting, saving, exchanging and retrieving documents.
6. Develop an effective e-mail management process that allows you to easily track the flow of messages.
Money is important
7. Use the online billing service to reduce the cost of collecting customer payments.
8. Use online budget tracking to manage and reduce your costs.
9. Submit your taxes more efficiently on the Internet.
10. Create a new revenue stream by selling your products online.
11. Use comprehensive accounting software to optimize the finances of your business.
12. Share digital files with your accountant or accountant to improve your current accounting processes.
13. Use the software to create a marketing plan that you can edit, update and share with your team.
14. Use social networks like Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, YouTube, etc. to promote your business, your products and services.
15. Start a blog for your business and your audience.
16. Collect email addresses through a rejection form and use email marketing opportunities.
17. Use video marketing.
18. Promote your business with a website and / or online advertising.
Cooperation and training
19. Make a conference call so that the team members are in different places on the same page.
20. Conduct a webinar or web conference for a free period of time.
21. Expand your knowledge in online learning.
22. Share files and data with the cloud.
23. Configure the internal network to share files.
24. Rapid communication with your team through instant messaging.
25. Use social networks to guide customer service.
26. Set up an online help service or ticket system to solve customer problems.
27. Allow clients to easily schedule meetings on the Internet.
28. Use online surveys and questionnaires to get feedback from customers.
Mobile work and remote work
Create a mobile office that will allow you to work productively from anywhere.
30. Use Remote Desktop applications to access files on your desktop computer.
31. Go without documents to save money on supplies and storage in your office.
32. Get a virtual phone number and an electronic fax line, which you can take anywhere.
33. Use your smartphone and select applications (synchronized with the cloud) to stay connected during operation.